Want to be an events apprentice?
The events industry is wide-ranging and can provide you with a host of vibrant opportunities. You can work for agencies, suppliers, venues, organisers and companies large and small. From the smallest meeting to the largest global events, in-person or virtual online, the skills of event professionals are in demand.
A terrific way to enter the events world is through an apprenticeship. Here is the formal description https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/event-assistant-v1-0 .
Intrigued? Excited? The first step is to find an employer who is willing to support you through your “learn while you earn” programme.
This UK Gov site provides an overview and a search tool for finding jobs.
You will also find many companies promote apprenticeships via LinkedIn. Once you create your own (free) LinkedIn profile, you can set up appropriate apprenticeship search ‘alerts.’
No surprise we think our event apprenticeship training is the best. So, once you have found an employer ready to support your apprenticeship, we’re ready to help you learn what it takes to be a success.
Don’t take our word for it. You can find genuine feedback from employers and apprentices here.
“The apprentices we’ve had … it’s on-the-job-training. We’re moulding them into the perfect teammates.”Read More
“I’ve been with Harrow … five years … and have worked up the ladder. I was apprentice, then became an Assistant, a Coordinator, a Senior Events Coordinator, and now I’m Events and Tours Manager.”Read More
“The best part about doing an apprenticeship is the experience that you gain from actually doing the role and getting stuck right in. For me, this was the best way to learn.”Read More
- UK Gov – About apprenticeships - https://www.gov.uk/become-apprentice
- UK Gov – Apprenticeship checklist for employers - https://www.gov.uk/employing-an-apprentice
- UK Gov – Become an apprentice - https://www.gov.uk/become-apprentice
- Guide to Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibitions Industry - https://blog.10times.com/what-is-mice-a-guide-to-meetings-incentives-conferences-exhibitions/
- UK Events – Not-for-profit organization led by the Events Apprenticeship Advisory Board - https://www.eventsapprenticeships.org/about-events-apprenticeships
- The Network of Women in Events (NOWIE) – Networking and striving for better representation of women in the events industry - https://www.nowie.org/
- UK Gov - Easy Funding Calculator - https://www.apprenticeships.gov.uk/employers/understanding-apprenticeship-benefits-and-funding#funding